|Year : 2018 | Volume
| Issue : 4 | Page : 212-213
|Date of Web Publication||23-Jul-2018|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. CME Test. Urol Sci 2018;29:212-3
Please read this issue of Urological Science and return the postage-paid reply slip with your answers by August, 2018. A score of 80% or better will earn three CME credits. Questions/answers:
- What statement considering the advantage of 4-arm robot assisted retroperitoneoscopic partial nephrectomy (RARPN) is wrong?
- Easier approach for renal tumor located at posterior portion.
- Provides good traction and exposure on surgical field.
- Easier hilar dissection and pedicle control.
- Easier tumor excision and renorrhaphy.
- Reducing the warm ischemic time.
Urol Sci 2018:29(4):193-7.
- What statement considering mid-urethral sling (MUS) is wrong ?
- Post-operative complications of MUS include residual lower urinary tract dysfunction, vaginal pain/dyspareunia, and/or vaginal exposure of sling mesh.
- Post-operative urinary retention rate after MUS has been reported as high as 25%~43%.
- Post-operative vaginal sling exposure rate after MUS has been reported as high as 3%~21%.
- All patients were at continuous risk of 2% additional developing sling exposures between 2 and 5 years of follow-up.
- Sling incision can always resolve female LUTS.
Urol Sci 2018:29(4):198-201.
- What statement considering prostate abscess is incorrect ?
- The major pathogens are Gram-negative bacilli, which is isolate in 60~80% cases.
- The common treatment strategies including transrectal, percutaneous transperineal and transurethral drainage approaches.
- Compare to other two treatment strategies, the transrectal drainage approaches is less invasive and cause less sexual dysfunction
- The transurethral drainage approaches should be considered in cases of multiple abscesses with a long axis exceeding 30mm.
- All statement is correct.
Urol Sci 2018:29(4):206-9.
- What statement considering detection of liquid biopsy in urological cancers is wrong ?
Urol Sci 2018:29(4):176-9.
- Because of lack serum markers for renal cell carcinoma and urothelial carcinoma, the development of liquid biopsy is strongly desired.
- Liquid biopsy is more invasive than conventional tissue biopsy and less effective for monitoring of the treatment course.
- Liquid biopsy is largely divided into three types circulating tumor cells (CTCs), exosomes and circulating tumor/cell-free DNA.
- CTC identification methods as divided into three categories: (1) immunologic methods, (2) methods using differences in cell size and cell deformability, and (3) density gradient centrifugation method
- All statement is correct.
- What statement considering the indication for ureteropyeloscopy (URS) in detection of upper urinary tract tumors is wrong ?
- The diagnostic sensitivity has been reported as high as 82%-100% in previous studies.
- The potential complication including tumor dissemination, ureteral damage, ureteral stricture, and ureteral adhesion.
- URS tends to be chosen for patients with negative urine cytology and positive radiographic findings.
- URS tends to be chosen for patients with poor radiographic findings and positive urine cytology with no clear signs of bladder cancer.
- URS must be perform for patients with both positive radiographic findings and malignant urine cytology.
Urol Sci 2018:29(4):186-92.
Volume 29 Issue 3
1. (B) 2. (B) 3. (D) 4. (C) 5. (B)