|Year : 2019 | Volume
| Issue : 4 | Page : 195-196
|Date of Web Publication||29-Jul-2019|
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
. CME Test. Urol Sci 2019;30:195-6
| Cme Test|| |
Please read this issue of Urological Science and return the postage-paid reply slip with your answers by October, 2019. A score of 80% or better will earn three CME credits. Questions/answers:
- What statement considering the metabolic profiling using nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) and mass spectrometry (MS) is incorrect?
- Metabolomics aim to identify small molecules under physiological conditions that might serve as biomarkers and aid in the identification and treatment of health problems
- Combining NMR and MS yields increased identification and quantification of compounds, especially in complexed ones
- The combination of NMR and MS also allows the performance of isotope screening experiments and metabolic flow analysis (NMR provides quantification, and MS provides position)
- Sarcosine, choline, phosphocholines, phosphorylcholines, carnitines, citrate, amino acids (lysine, glutamine, and ornithine), arachidonoyl amine, and lysophospholipids were found discriminative regarding the prostate cancer diagnosis
- Threonine, phenylalanine, valine, isoleucine, lysine, methionine, leucine, glutamate, histidine, arginine, aspartic acid, tyrosine, glutamine, and serine were found discriminative regarding the bladder cancer diagnosis.
Urol Sci 2019;30(4):144-150.
- What statement considering the roboticassisted radical cystectomy (RARC) with totally intracorporeal urinary diversion (IUD) is wrong?
- Early postoperative complications (0~30 days) were statistically higher in elderly patients (aged ≥75 years) compared to younger patients (aged <75 years)
- Late postoperative complications (30~90 days) and late readmission rate were statistically homogeneous between <75yearold and ≥75yearold patients
- ASA score was found the only independent predictive factor of late postoperative complications
- No statistically significant difference in terms of Cancerspecific mortality and overall mortality was found between <75yearold and ≥75yearold patients
- In experienced hands, RARC with IUD can be safely applied to ≥75yearold patients, without affecting the complications ratio and the oncological and functional outcomes.
Urol Sci 2019;30(4):157-163.
- According to the prospective cohort study by Keiichiro Hayashi et al., the most pulse wave velocity (PWV) decrease at which time point after longterm administration of tadalafil (5 mg/d)?
- 6 weeks
- 12 weeks
- 24 weeks
- 36 weeks
- 48 weeks
Urol Sci 2019;30(4):164-169.
- What statement considering the impact of environmental fine particles on male infertility is incorrect?
- Particulate matter 2.5 (PM2.5), referring to fine air particles with a diameter of <2.5 μm, can enter the respiratory system and lodge in different organ systems
- Although not statistically significant, the average 24month PM2.5 concentration had a negative effect on sperm count and concentration in infertile Taiwanese men
- The effect of PM2.5 on sperm motility and morphology was minimal
- BMI, not PM2.5, was observed to be an independent factor predicting lower total sperm count and serum testosterone in infertile Taiwanese men
- All statement is correct.
Urol Sci 2019;30(4):177-183.
5. What statement considering the Polyorchidism is wrong?
- Triorchidism (three testes) is the most common form of polyorchidism
- Most supernumerary testes are located in the left side scrota region
- According to the metaanalysis by Bergholz et al. in J. Urol., polyorchidism is associated with an increased risk of malignancy and torsion
- According to the Bergholz classification, Type B polyorchidism could be drained by outflow path (vas deferens)
- The supernumerary testis usually has similar echogenicity and vascular flow to those of the normal testis.
Urol Sci 2019;30(4):191-193.
Volume 30 Issue 3
1. (E) 2. (E) 3. (E) 4. (B) 5. (E)